Friday, July 1, 2011

Praying Mantis Embroidery

To round out what has turned into Embroidery Week around here, I present Mr. Praying Mantis.



This little guy took me 2 ½ lunch breaks to finish.  I got the pattern from the Sublime Stitching Craft Pad, which offers a great assortment of Sublime Stitching’s fun embroidery patterns.  (I know I've been shouting from the rooftops about Sublime Stitching lately, but I assure you that this is entirely because I love Jenny Hart and her company and not because they are bribing me!)  I finished up Mr. Fox and Mr. Bird and was waiting for the fabric that I ordered for an upcoming project, so I was looking for something quick and easy to work on.  The green gingham is some leftover fabric that I had from a housewarming gift that I finished back in March.  Aren’t scrap bins the best?

Because I’m a nerd, I put together a short video of the progress that I made during each embroidery session, aka my half-hour lunch break. 


I took the photos with my iPhone, so they are kinda crappy looking.  I’m thinking of keeping my old camera in my desk to take these status shots.  I like watching how it comes together!

Mr. Praying Mantis is going to live at my work desk to brighten things up a bit.  That is, just as soon as I get around to framing him.

He reminds me of this photo that Nick got while we were visiting New Orleans last year.


Happy Friday and Happy July!

1 comment:

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.