Friday, June 10, 2011

Progress and Plans

Isn't Mr. Fox looking quite handsome today?


I was nervous about getting in all of the tiny details, so this time around I decided to tackle the harder parts first (last time I started with the tie).  I don't know what I was so worried about.  As long as I have another copy of the pattern and the color guide in front of me, getting all of the tiny details isn't a problem.

I'm going to try and resist posting further progress of him until he's finished.  I'm doing this for two reasons: 1) He should probably be a surprise to the friends he is going to, and 2) Once he is finished, I envision posting a timeline that shows the progress that I made after each lunchtime work session.  I only got to work on him two days this week since yesterday our building was without air conditioning, and, with the temperature nearing 100 degrees, we were barred from the building.  Sad, I know.

Wednesday marked the start of a brand new season of Project Ridgway.  I am working on a Lisette Passport dress.  During Wednesday's class I was able to cut out and thread trace my muslin pieces.  The finished dress will be using this light and lovely poplin.
Image Source

What are you up to this weekend?  I am keeping my sewing to-do list short and reasonable: finish up my Ginger skirt and sew the muslin for the Passport dress.  If I am super productive, I want to get back to working on my Crescent skirt

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.