Monday, July 11, 2011

Mr. Fox and Mr. Bird Embroidered Tea Towels

Remember when I started embroidering Mr. Fox and Mr. Bird on tea towels to give to our friends as a housewarming gift?  I finished them weeks ago but we hadn't gotten a chance to give them the towels until this past weekend.  I can finally share them with you!  Aren't they so dapper?


Here's how they look hanging on the oven door handle.  I kinda wanted to keep them for ourselves!



Now for some closeups.  I separated the floss down to three strands so I could work in the details.  I've never separated floss before, so this was a fun exercise in working with thinner stranded floss.  I loved it actually.  When I went back to working with six strands for the praying mantis, the design felt very bulky.  I'm not sure if this is going to alter how I embroider in the future, but it's nice to know how to stitch a more delicate line.


And here's Mr. Bird.  I love the shading on his head.  Who knew this kind of artwork could be achieved from embroidery?


I will be whipping up a Mr. Fox and Mr. Bird (and Ms. Bunny and Ms. Kitty from the Ryan Berkley designs) for our very own!  Stay tuned!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cool - I bet your friends loved them. Every time I see your embroidery designs I feel like doing some of my own. If only there were more than 24 hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being big fans of the Fantastic Mr. Fox, our friends were excited to see the tea towels! The best thing about embroidery is how little money it costs. Just pick up a few colors and use some fabric from your scrap stash and you're ready! I agree--there should be more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, really cool! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.