Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ms. Bunny of the Ryan Berkley Quartet

Since I love the Ryan Berkley designs for Sublime Stitching so much, I decided to stitch up one of each animal to hang over the nightstand in our bedroom.  The first design that I tackled is Ms. Bunny, who is looking very pretty in her ruffled blouse and string of pearls.

Ms. Bunny Embroidery

I plan on stretching the embroideries over canvas so the frames can act as frames, rather than framing them in embroidery hoops like I normally do.

This may seem obvious to veterans of embroidery, but a row of French knots turns out much neater if you insert the needle from the same direction every time.  I realized this halfway through the string and ended up cutting out and starting over so the string would be uniform.  I’m glad I did.

Ms. Bunny Embroidery

Next up is Ms. Kitty!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute and all that detail looks just great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Can't wait to see Ms. Kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I am loving Ms. Kitty even though I just started her!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.