Monday, March 7, 2011

Housewarming Napkins

Over the weekend, Nick and I finally got a chance to see the new house that my sister- and brother-in-law bought at the end of January.  It is their first house and we are so excited for them!  Of course I had to bring along some homemade goodness to welcome them into their new home.  My sister-in-law is wonderfully earth-conscious and doesn't allow paper napkins in their household.  If only I had the willpower to do the same!  

These guys were pretty easy to whip up, which I was thankful for because I waited until the night before to make them and was pooped from a crazy week!  I stitched 1/4 inch from the edge of the fabric, folded the edge over and pressed, folded the edge over another 1/4 inch and pressed, and then top stitched along the edge.  Pretty simple!


I've always been a sucker for gingham.  Perhaps it's from watching The Wizard of Oz a lot as a kid and loving Dorothy's dress.


They're so pretty that they don't even need wrapping!  I just tied some raffia around them and called it a night.


They were so simple that I'm almost ready to whip up a couple dozen for us to use for lunches and dinners instead of paper napkins.  One day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.