Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pretty Things Thursday: Hobnail Milk Glass Lamps

You know how when you grow up with an object around all of the time that it becomes so commonplace and part of the background that you don't always appreciate it the way you should?  That's my history with this hobnail milk glass lamp (hobnail refers to the dots in the milk glass).  I've had her in my bedroom for all of the 27 years that I have been on this earth and didn't really appreciate it until a couple of years ago.


There's something about the brass and milk glass next to each other that I love.


I especially love the design of the brass around the light bulb.  


When Nick and I moved into our house, I had the lamp on my nightstand and Nick's nightstand seemed a little bare without one to match.  Enter Ebay!  What a wonderful world we live in!  I liked the idea of having two similar but different hobnail milk glass lamps, so we went with this beauty.


He is a little crooked, but I like to think that he was just extra loved by his previous owners.  The hobnail design is more intricate than on my lamp, which looks awesome next to the dark brass.


There's that design that I love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.