Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pretty Things Thursday: Antique Dresser

Can you believe this is the 10th Pretty Things Thursday post?  My how time flies!

With the exception of our bed, any furniture in our house not from Ikea is a hand-me-down from family or friends.  This beautiful dresser was "lent" to us from my parents.  They say lent, I say gifted.  How do they expect us to give this up one day?


It's hard to say what my favorite thing about this dresser is, so I'm not going to force myself to choose.  I love how the grain of the wood goes in different directions from the center of the front, almost like a sunburst.  And I love the rope detailing that runs up the front and the scrolls and swirls too.

The top piece is perfect for storing my jewelry, hair bands, and other small odds and ends.


Then there is the hardware.  Look at that detailing on the knobs for the top drawer!

And on the pulls for the rest of the drawers.  I won't show you the hideous hardware that came with the house on our built-in furniture, but know that they would look like pieces of garbage even if they weren't in the same room with these beauties.  We need to make a trip to Anthropologie so we can switch those out immediately.

And then there is the bottom of the dresser.  Where most furniture just drops off, there is a nice mustache framing the bottom.  If only all of our furniture had mustaches!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.