Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pretty Things Thursday: Lucia Duvet Cover

One of my favorite things that Nick and I registered for was our Lucia duvet cover from Crate and Barrel.  It took some convincing because of the slight overload of pink, but Nick finally agreed that it was the duvet cover for us.  Isn't she a beauty?


I not only love the pattern but the colors as well.  It's so cheerful!  I'm beginning to think that I am developing a strong love of all bright and cheerful textiles.  We got our bed after the duvet cover, but I think they compliment each other nicely, as if we picked them out to go together.


I also love how the pattern looks different from far away and up close.  It's so intricate yet warm and pleasing.  I'm still admiring it almost two years later!

We decided to go with a down alternative duvet instead of down because down gets bunched up a lot and would end up driving me crazy.  The down alternative stays nicely spread out and we really only have to fluff it up once a week.  Our duvet and duvet cover remind me of those fluffy duvets in Annie during "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here."  It's so thick and warm that it makes it even harder to get out of bed in the morning!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.