Monday, October 10, 2011

You've Been Booed

This Halloween season, my department at work decided to run an activity that is similar to Secret Santa.  Everyone makes or purchases a small treat for a co-worker and sneakily puts it on their desk along with a sign that says "You've Been Booed," as in boo like a ghost.  The treat was meant to spread the Halloween spirit, so we weren't supposed to spend that much on it.  I knew right away that I needed to find a small embroidery design as part of my treat.

Autumn Embroidery

The pumpkin design is by big B, who I found on Etsy.  Isn't it adorable?  It's part of a 10-page Autumn embroidery package.  There were so many great designs to pick from that I am going to have to stitch up one of them for myself.  The "Boo" bag was done by Nick, as I have zero ability to draw anything that doesn't look like it was by a kindergartener.  I'm pretty sure the person I booed liked her treat as the embroidery is now hanging up in her cube!  Shhh to any of my co-workers reading this—it's supposed to be a secret!  I also gave her a Reese's Peanut Butter Pumpkin and a handful of Hershey's miniatures.  Isn't Halloween candy the best?!

I was also busy stitching up my own desk decoration, Hallowe'en Trio by Cathy Gaubert.  It was the pattern for the September Stitch Along at Feeling Stitchy.  Although I finished mine a little late, it was fun to work on the same pattern as a lot of other people.

Spooky Embroidery

For the first time, I actually finished the back of these embroideries!  I knew I couldn't give someone an embroidery treat with the back all messy, so I went back to the finishing techniques that I saved a long time ago and actually tried it out.  To my delight, it was super easy!  I ended up finishing the back of the autumn and Halloween embroideries, as well as the praying mantis embroidery before I ran out of hot glue.  I somehow managed to not take a picture of the finished back of any of them, but I used the very detailed tutorial by The Split Stitch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.