Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween, friends!  We were hit with our first nor'easter of the season on Saturday, so strangely enough, we are having a White Halloween this year.  For those not located in the Philadelphia area, this is very rare, considering we normally don't have a White Christmas let alone a White Halloween.  We got about 5 inches, but it's been quickly melting, so who knows how much will be left when the kiddies go trick or treating tonight.

To spread the Halloween cheer, each year I make these toosie roll pop ghosts for my co-workers.

Ghost Lollipops

They're insanely easy and quick to make, which is great since there are about 40 people working in my office.  Just wrap a tissue around the top of the lollipop, tie with something (I used raffia this year), and then draw on two eyes and a mouth.  Making ghosts out of two bags of tootsie pops took me about a half hour.

What do 40-odd ghosts look like?  I'm glad you asked.  Here they are hanging out on the sofa before being thrown into a bag.

Ghost Lollipops

Last year was the first Halloween that we were home in our house and we were shocked that we only got a handful of trick or treaters.  We bought a decent amount of candy again this year not wanting to be in a situation where we run out of candy.  I'm hoping to see some good costumes!  If you are going to be out and about tonight, be careful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.