Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pretty Things Thursday: Pilgrim's Progress

I don't know about you, but I'm kinda a house show junky.  I can't get enough of House Hunters, Property Virgins, Property Ladder and, my new fav, Income Property.  After seeing so many houses, I can honestly say that they just don't make houses like they used to.  I'm not talking about the quality of the house, but rather the character that was included when building older houses.  This character is painstakingly restored in so many of these house shows, and the owners of the house really value it.  Ever notice how houses that have been built in the past 20 years have absolutely no character?  McMansions... yuck.  How sad it will be for the coming generations to not have a charming style to restore in their houses.

Isn't life all about these great little details that you get to uncover?  Isn't life about the little things?  This is why I have decided to dedicate Thursdays to the love of all things pretty.  To kick things off is this pretty edition of Pilgrim's Progress, Nick's prized find the antique table at a local book sale. 


Isn't it awesome?  I kinda love how it fails to have the title of the book on the front of it.  I also love the quote on the front: "May blessings be upon the head of Cadmus, the Phoenicians, or whoever it was that invented books."

But my favorite part is the Caxton Edition banner.  Is that a scroll flying toward the sun?  How awesome is this?!


Nick thought it was so awesome that I embroidered him a replica for his birthday last year.  It turned out ok, but some of the details were lost in translation.


And here they are posing together.


Come back next Thursday for more pretty things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.