Monday, January 10, 2011

Potholder #2 is Complete!

Last night I finished the second potholder of the set for my mom's birthday present.  This one went much quicker, and turned out just as nice.  One day I will master mitered corners!  I did a little better at freehand quilting.  This time, I moved a little quicker, which seemed to help me not have so many sharp edges.


I ran out of the liner fabric, so I had to use some leftover green, which didn't exactly match the back of the potholder and wasn't dark enough to look like it was supposed to be a different color green.  Oh well, lesson learned for next time.  All in all, I'd say my first try at freehand quilting was quite successful.  Now I need to figure out what quilting project I'm going to do next.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, for a quilting project I hear you have a pregnant friend... perhaps a baby blanket? just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.