Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Flick!

Well, actually, it was last Tuesday, but I'm just getting around to posting about it.  Our little boy has turned 2, I can't believe it!  To celebrate the occassion, I made him a mouse from a wool skirt that I found at Goodwill.  I used the pattern in Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts. The pattern was pretty straight forward, although a few steps were skipped over.  I'm hoping that the more complex patterns don't skip steps!

I found a vial of cat nip that came with a cat toy that we got for Flick when he was a kitten and didn't need nip to act like a total crazy, so I filled a sachet with nip and stuffed it into the mouse before I filled it with batting.  He's a little misshapen, but Flick LOVES him, especially the tail, which he uses to throw the mouse up in the air while playing with him.


Here's Flick working the bag.



And romping like a total nutter.  Success!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.