Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sewaholic Minoru Jacket

My fall coat is a burgundy corduroy trench that I’ve worn a few years longer than it has looked acceptable.  I love it, but it really is pretty raggedy and misshapen after many years of thorough wearing and washing. 

I’ve been searching for a replacement trench for a long time, but they are so expensive!  I just can’t justify paying that much money for a light coat, especially one that isn't exactly the design that I want, so my plan as of late had been to make myself a trench.  Then Tasia at Sewaholic announced her newest pattern, the Minoru Jacket.  I quickly changed my mind!  This baby went straight on my project list and I pre-ordered the pattern.


After seeing Molly’s version, I decided that I wanted the outside fabric to be a cotton twill.  I took to Fabric.com and found this amazing gray organic cotton twill.  

Image Source

Then I found this Michael Miller cotton print and thought it would look lovely as a liner. 

Image Source

How easy was that?

Tasia plans on hosting a sew along for the Minoru starting in January, which is perfect timing since I’m elbow-deep in Christmas gift making.  I’m making good progress and it’s really hard to not share what I’ve been up to.  All in good time though!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - I think your fabric choices for this jacket are awesome. I'll be keeping my eyes open for your FO in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choices and the lining will add a cute note to your gray jacket. Are you doing the hood also? I am still thinking about fabrics for my own version. Maybe red, or maroon, or even a quiet gold...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this will be adorable!! Can't wait to see your finished jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! My goal is to actually sew along with this sew along since I'm 0-3 with keeping up with the Sewaholic sew alongs.

    Also, I forgot to mention that I'm making version A. I need a hood for my walk to and from the train station!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.