Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pretty Things Thursday: Guatemalan Bag

I can’t believe it’s been almost two years since Nick and I were honeymooning (or luna de miel-ing) in Guatemala.  We had so many adventures in our two weeks down there, among them learning how to haggle with the local vendors.  Our strategy involved me putting on my best poker face and letting Nick do the talking, since I have a really hard time disguising how much I love and need whatever item we’re trying to talk down the price on.

We waited until our very last morning in Panajachel before we snagged this gorgeous bag.  Besides being beautiful, we needed this bag to carry home some of our pottery loot that we were too worried to pack in our suitcases.

Guatemalan Bag

We were admiring textiles like this the entire time we were in Guatemala.  We were lucky enough to see some of the women and children weaving them next to their shops, but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. 

Guatemalan Bag

One of my favorite details is this outside zipper.  It compliments the weaving nicely.

Guatemalan Bag

I wonder if we'll come across any local textiles on our Great Western Adventure!

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous bag!! I just love the colors. It's beautiful!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.