Friday, September 9, 2016

Pillow Covers for Grandmom

Earlier this year, my grandmother moved from an apartment to assisted living. Her new room was pretty drab, so I whipped up these pillow covers to brighten up her space. They are both made from Canoe Ridge Creations Fresh Mini Quilt Club patterns (Acorn pattern is from September 2015 and Farm Fresh is from January 2016) and both are made entirely from scraps! I love scrap buster projects: not only are they economical, but they cut down on the piles of scraps that fall over every time I go digging through my stash. It's a win-win.

Pillow covers

In retrospect, I made the Farm Fresh cover a little too unbalanced colorwise, but I was determined to use scraps and get these out the door quickly to my grandmother. At the very least, it is bright and cheerful and it makes me smile even if it is a little nutty. They have a simple envelope style back so the covers can be washed. I also labeled the back just in case her fellow assisted living mates think of getting sticky fingers! Just kidding... mostly.

If you're not familiar with the Fresh Mini Quilt Club, it's a club where Megan sends you a new mini quilt pattern every month. They're quick and easy, all measuring between 16" and 24", so even if you aren't using scraps, they aren't a big investment to make. The last round just ended, but be on the lookout for the next round starting in the next couple of months! Megan's IG is wonderful and she's always posting beautiful pictures of rural Iowa where she lives with her husband. It makes me want to travel out west again really bad!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice gift! I bet your grandma appreciated them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.