Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pretty Things Thursday: Colorful Things in Glass Jars

One of the first things that Nick and I received when we moved into our new house over 2 years ago was a glass jar and a giant bag of M&Ms from my grandmother.  Ever since I was a kid, my grandmother has given me and my sister a bag of M&Ms for Christmas and our birthdays.  I think it started out because my mom was a health nut and didn't allow us to have candy regularly and our sweet tooth grandmother thought we deserved a treat.  Over the years the bags have grown from a regular package of M&Ms to the giant 42 oz. bag.  Needless to say, we've inherited her sweet tooth.  Nick and I make sure to keep the jar stocked, although with a 42 oz. bag coming every 6 or so months, we don't really have to buy too many on our own.  Aren't they pretty sitting on the bookshelf in our living room?



On the other bookshelf in our living room, we have a glass jar filled with marbles.  I have loved marbles, like M&Ms, since I was a kid.  I used my allowance to buy a bunch from a vendor at a flea market and filled a Mason jar with them.  I didn't play with them, I just admired how pretty they were in the jar.  When I moved out of my parent's house, I left the jar with them because it looked so nice on their bookshelf.  A couple of Christmases ago, Nick surprised me with a brand new marble jar!  And this time, we played with the marbles. 



I wonder what pretty colorful item we will find next to display on one of the many other bookshelves in our house.

1 comment:

  1. I love your marbles and have done a colored pencil version of it. I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.