Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Blog Header!

Happy Sunday! You may have noticed that I finally got around to making a proper banner for the header of this blog. As much as I love the headless pigeons picture that I took in the Halifax Public Gardens back in 2008, it just didn't have anything to do with this blog other than it perfectly displayed my sense of humor.

I used designs from the Craftopia pattern from Sublime Stitching for the embroidery scissors, yarn, and sewing machine. The font is Clementine Sketch, which I downloaded from DaFont for free. I think it better represents what I share on here than seemingly headless pigeons.

  Blog header on tote bag

I embroidered the banner onto a tote bag since I had no intention of hanging this up anywhere besides on this here blog. I think this will be my new knitting bag since the one I'm using is kind of small—my knitting practice turned scarf is getting quite thick these days and I pretty much have to stuff it in.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really good. What a great idea to go with the embroidery. Can I just tell you that I finally bought some Sublime Stitching patterns after seeing yours? Once I get some floss I will be ready to go. Glad you shared yours! I would've never know such cool embroidery existed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melizza! I'm so glad that you were inspired to start embroidering. I asked Jenny Hart the other day through Facebook if she would consider releasing more of the Ryan Berkley patterns (the animals dressed in formalwear) and she said yes! I am beyond thrilled!

      Delete
    2. Oops, hit Publish too quickly. I'm excited to see your embroidery projects!

      Delete
  3. I continue to be in awe of you embroidery projects. The new banner looks awesome and the tote will make for a fabulous knitting bag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty creation Lindsay, it's awesome! Incredible way to manufacture and decorate bags like this. This useful for shopping purposes and i like to have such bags for shopping as well. A great idea :).
    Header Bags & Tags

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.