Saturday, June 4, 2011

Ginger Skirt Muslin

It seems that I am destined to always be behind on sew along schedules.  The Ginger Party was Thursday and I'm just finishing up my muslin now!  Still, I think my muslin turned out great.


It will look even better when I'm not wearing my pajamas with it!  My hip measurement was 1/2" larger than the measurement for the size I cut, and I think the muslin is a wee bit tight around my hips.  When I cut out the muslin, I cut a 1" seam allowance, so I'm going to borrow from that in the hip area to give myself a little more room.  Other than that, I think it fits perfectly!  The skirt was pretty easy to whip up once I had everything cut out. 

I picked up a really nice navy blue chambray at Joann last week for the final skirt.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish the real deal.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Can't wait to see the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Like you, I've had a tiring week. I hope to finish my Ginger this weekend though!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.