Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Crescent Skirt Sew Along

I know I’ve said this before, but I am serious this time: I am going to do a sew along!  Tasia from Sewaholic is running another sew along, this time for her recently released Crescent Skirt Pattern.  I’ve already posted my sew along badge, so there’s no going back this time!

As with Tasia’s Pendrell blouse, the Crescent Skirt is designed for pear shaped ladies like myself.  I will be making View C so I can wear it to work.

Image from Sewaholic.net

I already have my fabric purchased and washed.  Look how prepared I am!  I have been coveting Anna Maria Horner’s Innocent Crush line ever since it came out, and I figured now was my chance! I decided on Loves Me Loves Me Not Golden, although Loves Me Loves Me Not Grape was a close second. 

Image from Fabric.com

The sew along starts on Monday and for the first week we’re going to cover making and fitting a muslin.  I am a muslin devotee after the Pendrell incident.  One of these days I will try my hand at making the correct size!  I hate the thought of putting so much time into something only to have fitting issues, and having to work out fitting issues with the fashion fabric gives me anxiety.  I’m hoping to not run into any problems with the Crescent but I’m making a muslin just in case. 

Speaking of muslins, I revisited my Crepe muslin on Monday night.  The plan was to pick out the stitches, retrace the pattern in the size as dictated by my bust measurement, and then grade out for my hips.  After a couple of minutes with my seam ripper, I decided that my time was best spent trashing the original muslin and starting over.  It’s just cheap muslin after all.  Tonight I will be attempting round 2 at my Crepe muslin.  Here’s hoping I have good news for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive your comments and try to respond to all via email.